Zimmer and Peacock are the World's leading ISO13485 contract developer and manufacturer of electrochemical biosensors and in-vitro diagnostics (IVDs).
In this workshop ZP will provide a technical introduction to electrochemistry, electroanalytical techniques and their application to biosensors, IVDs, Point-of-Care (PoC), Point-of-need Applications. The trainers adjust the delivery of the workshop content based on the backgrounds of the delegates.
The workshop will be lead by Dr Martin Peacock
Date and Time
Day One - 9:30 AM to 4 PM - 11 April 2023
Location: University of Warwick, Science Park, Unit 4B, Vanguard Centre, Coventry CV4 7EZ
Attendees can expect to receive the theory, and to go into the lab and do their own experiments and make their own sensors. All experiments and learning will be in the context of glucose sensing, electrochemical biosensors and IVDs.
1) Introduction to Electrochemistry, Electroanalytical Techniques, Electrochemical Biosensors, Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) and, POC and IVDs
2) Deeper Dive into: amperometric techniques, voltammetry techniques, potentiometric techniques, non-Faradaic electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, and Faradaic electrochemical impedance spectroscopy
3) Hands on amperometric experiment
4) Hands on voltammetry experiment
5) Hands on potentiometric experiment
6) We discuss project management, large scale data collection and data analysis in biosensors programmes.
7) We discuss and demonstrate the detection of ions, small molecules, proteins, viruses, RNA, DNA using: ionophores, enzymes, antibodies, aptamers, receptors etc.
8) All attendees receive a certificate of attending
Click here to book
Only 30 places are available on this course.
A Certificate of Attendance will be provided at the end