A proof of principle (POP) manufacturing study at ZP is a short programme, typically about 111 hours of effort where ZP takes the work and understanding already with our collaborators and translates it onto our ZP sensor/biosensor manufacturing platform.
The purpose of the work is to bring the work from its current status and move it onto a platform that ZP sees can be manufactured within our ISO13485 facility. The client and ZP are not obliged to perform later phases after this POP phase.
The understanding that the client has regarding their electrochemical assay or biosensor, this can include:
1) Practical work already undertaken.
2) Academic papers from the literature.
3) Patents licensed/owned by the collaborator.
Please note that ZP is ISO13485 contract developer and manufacturer of electrochemical biosensors and sensors, at the heart of ZP is data and data analytics for information; this is all handled through our proprietary Cloud System Djuli.
The stages in a proof of principle programme
The effort in a ZP proof of principle programme manufacturing study (PoP) is a time and materials effort and ZP will work within the constraints of the budget of approximately 111 hours.
In a POP programme ZP will:
1) STEP ONE - Perform a tech transfer or discussion with the client to understand the status of the technology and learn all the tips, tricks and anecdotes that the client can give to make ZP's efforts as efficient as possible.
2) STEP TWO - ZP will suggest one or more first small pieces of work within the POP, which we will discuss with the client before proceeding. These suggestions are based on where the technology is today and where does the technology need to be in terms of the market/clinical requirements. ZP will work through the work to see which of the ideas both works and is commercially viable. The number of ideas worked upon is constrained by the budget.
3) STEP THREE - ZP will give online update meetings where we will give a presentation on the work done and the results so far. ZP is happy to receive comments and feedback from the clients.
Please note that ZP will build a presentation for the client as we work, in addition ZP can produce reports, procedures etc. All work can be done within the constraints of the budget.
For those developing an IVD click the adjacent button to read a discussion getting to market.