Zimmer and Peacock are the World's leading ISO13485 contract developer and manufacturer of electrochemical biosensors and in-vitro diagnostics (IVDs).
In this workshop ZP will provide a technical introduction to electroanalytical techniques and their application to biosensors, IVDs, Point-of-Care (PoC), Point-of-need Applications, delivered from a unique commercial perspective.
Included in the workshop will also be a focus on the regulatory pathway for bringing medical diagnostics to market, and an analysis of the cost to bring an IVD (in-vitro diagnostic to market), technical points will be supported by commercial examples and case studies.
The trainers will adapt the delivery of the workshop content based on the backgrounds of the delegates.
The workshop will be lead by Martin Peacock PhD and Gerard Macias PhD.
Date and Time
Day One - 9:30 AM to 4 PM - 27 March 2023
Location: Biocity Scotland, Motherwell ML1 5HU
Attendees can expect to receive hands on training and fabricate and test a biosensor, contents include:
1) Introduction to Electrochemistry, Electroanalytical Techniques, Electrochemical Biosensors and, POC and IVDs, from a commercial perspective.
2) Deeper Dive into: amperometric techniques, voltammetry techniques, potentiometric techniques, non-Faradaic electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, and Faradaic electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, and how these techniques are used in current products.
3) Hands on amperometric experiment
4) Hands on voltammetry experiment
5) Hands on potentiometric experiment
6) Deep dive on the documentation and regulatory process for diagnostics approval
7) We use several case studies to illustrate the cost to bring a medical diagnostic to the market.
8) We discuss project management, large scale data collection and data analysis in biosensors programmes.
9) We discuss and demonstrate the detection of ions, small molecules, proteins, viruses, RNA, DNA using: ionophores, enzymes, antibodies, aptamers, receptors etc.
10) All attendees receive a certificate of attending