Zimmer and Peacock are the World's leading ISO13485 contract developer and manufacturer of electrochemical biosensors and in-vitro diagnostics (IVDs).
In this workshop ZP will provide a technical introduction to electroanalytical techniques and their application to biosensors, IVDs, Point-of-Care (PoC), Point-of-need Applications.
Included in the workshop will also be a focus on the regulatory pathway for bringing medical diagnostics to market, and an analysis of the cost to bring an IVD (in-vitro diagnostic to market).
The trainers will adjust the delivery of the workshop content based on the backgrounds of the delegates.
The workshop will be lead by Martin Peacock PhD and Ms Neeti Viswanathan MSc
Day One - 9:30 AM to 4 PM - 26 January 2023
Location: Institute of Life Sciences 2, Swansea University, Swansea, SA2 8PP
Attendees can expect to receive hands on training and fabricate and test a biosensor, contents include:
1) Introduction to Electrochemistry, Electroanalytical Techniques, Electrochemical Biosensors and, POC and IVDs
2) Deeper Dive into: amperometric techniques, voltammetry techniques, potentiometric techniques, non-Faradaic electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, and Faradaic electrochemical impedance spectroscopy
3) Hands on amperometric experiment
4) Hands on voltammetry experiment
5) Hands on potentiometric experiment
6) Deep dive on the documentation and regulatory process for diagnostics approval
7) We use several case studies to illustrate the cost to bring a medical diagnostic to the market.
8) We discuss project management, large scale data collection and data analysis in biosensors programmes.
9) We discuss and demonstrate the detection of ions, small molecules, proteins, viruses, RNA, DNA using: ionophores, enzymes, antibodies, aptamers, receptors etc.
10) All attendees receive a certificate of attending
Only 30 places are available on this course.
A Certificate of Attendance will be provided at the end