Here are some notes on how to design a system for the electrochemical measurement of proteins.
1. Which electrode materials are useful for the measurement of proteins?
2. What dimensions and geometry of the electrodes will make it suitable to the detection of proteins?
3. How to increase the sensitivity of the device towards the protein of interest?
4. How to minimize the interference from other proteins?
5. How to minimize non-specific binding and film formation that would otherwise confound the sensor?