Zimmer and Peacock are the world leader contract developer and manufacturer of sensors and biosensors, so we are product to be sponsoring the BIOEI 2019 conference.
About the workshop
The integration of electronics with the biological world can be achieved by platforms using bio-inspired materials as well as strategies. Such bio-compatible electronics have the potential to transform current paradigms in green information technology and biomedical research. Realization of biodegradable or biocompatible, low-cost, large-volume materials and devices will contribute to sustainability in plastic "consumable" electronics. Biomaterials-based electronics with biomimetic interfaces can be utilized in medical technologies that require accurate sensing and stimulation of biological matter.
This will be a forum to bring together both veteran and young researchers to learn and discuss emerging topics in the field of bioelectronics. Topics include:
• Electronic/ionic signal transduction
• Conducting polymers in biochemistry and biomedicine
• Electronics based on biomaterials
• Optoelectronics at the interface with biology
• Devices for electronic sensing of bioanalytes, and electronically-mediated drug delivery
• Iontronics, protonics
• Electronic interfaces with biochemistry
• Artificial skin
• Artificial retina
• Consideration of conduction in biomaterials, i.e. melanin, DNA, etc.
• Nature-inspired materials for energy harvesting applications
• Implantable electronics
• Nanoinjection, structured material interfaces with cells
• Biocompatible inorganic semiconductors and devices
• Neural Interface
• Clinical applications
• Plant electronics / bionics
• Tissue Engineering