The ZP Active Glucose Formulation is a proprietary formulation for use in manufacturing glucose strips.
The formulation is:
1) Designed to work at low voltage so avoides common interference molecules.
2) Contains an enzyme specific to glucose so ensuring specificity.
3) Contains stabilization agents for good shelf life when dried down.
4) Contains a mediator that acts both as the mediator for the enzyme and as a redox couple for the reference electrode.
5) 1 L can produce 2.5 million glucose strips.
6) Optimized for use with the Biodot range of printers/dispensers.
7) Works with glucose strips in the two and three or more electrode mode.
8) Works with amperometric and coulometric glucose assays.
9) The ZP Active Glucose formulation eliminates the need to support QA/QC for formulating glucose enzyme formulations.
10) The cost of the formulation is 0.0056 cents per strip.
The ZP Glucose Strip Active Formulation is a drop in material as part of the manufacture of glucose strips.
Performance of the solution.
Zimmer and Peacock has electrochemically and functionally characterized the solution. We have assumed that the electrochemical assay type will be amperometric.
From a voltammetric investigation we have determined the bet voltage with which to perform an amperometric assay using the ZP Glucose Strip Active Formulation is -200 mV vs Ag/AgCl/0.15Cl-, or -350 mV a carbon RE, i.e. if your reference electrode (RE) is silver/silver chloride the assay should be run at -200 mV, but if the RE is carbon is should be -350 mV vs. RE.
ZP has electrochemically characterized the solution on one of our carbon electrodes - A-AC-CAC-203-N
Zimmer and Peacock has characterised the performance of the formulation, again on A-AC-CAC-203-N, where the glucose concentration has been varied.
From the raw data we can recommend an integration of the current between 1 to 5 seconds will give the signal.